Church’s support is vital to our work at Shared Pregnancy. It is continued support that not only provides financial resources, but also offers us encouragement through prayer, involvement, and commitment.
Here are a few opportunities for a church to get involved with Shared Pregnancy:
The most important way churches can be a vital part of our work is through prayer. Your faithfulness to pray for us and the women and families we serve makes all the difference. Here are just a few prayer requests:
- Pray that the women in our community, who may be in difficult circumstances and don’t know what to do, will find us.
- Pray that our team members will have opportunities and the wisdom to to help each woman that comes through our door.
- Pray for our financial needs so we can continue to offer our services for free.
- Pray that Shared Pregnancy is protected against the evil in the world.
- Pray that the hearts of the women coming for ultrasounds will be turned toward their babies.
- Pray that abortion will become unnecessary and that women are given the love and support they need to carry their babies to term.
Whether through a financial donation or gift of time, church members can make an incredible impact on the lives of women and their unborn babies. We invite them to participate in a Baby Bottle Boomerang fundraiser or an event such as our Golf Scramble or the annual Lifesavers Celebration and Fundraiser in the spring. Learn more about our events here.
Adding announcements or reminders in weekly bulletins can boost involvement. If you have a community billboard, consider adding the activities of Shared Pregnancy. Invite church members to sign up for our emails and newsletters. Send your Junior High and High School Youth Groups on a tour of our facility. Participate in Sanctity of Human Life Sunday each January. These are just a few ways to stay connected with our work.